background shabby blog

Wednesday, October 27, 2010

I think God invented the Mirror

Ever had one of those mornings where everything goes smoothly, you get ready and have the perfect outfit, clean and weather-appropriate, your hair cooperates and does what its suppose to and you go to leave the house thinking 'I feel great today!' Then as you go to exit you glance into the entry mirror one last time, your first mistake...and are sorely disappointed?!
If there were no mirrors anywhere it would have remained a fantastic day! Now, however, you have been left with a strong dose of reality as to what you REALLY look like -
Without that mirror though, we risk believing in that puffed up unrealistic version of ourselves; others can plainly see us but we would much rather go about our day seeing everyone else's shortcomings and not our own...
What a reminder: I was created, like God's first mirror, the still beauty of calm water, to reflect God's glory, making my exterior nothing more than a canvas to reflect God's creation and beauty, not my own version of SELF...

No comments:

Post a Comment